Rare inspires change so people and nature thrive. Conservation ultimately comes down to people – their behaviors toward nature, their beliefs about its value, and their ability to protect it without sacrificing basic life needs. And so, conservationists must become as skilled in social change as in science; as committed to community-based solutions as national and international policymaking.
At Rare, it’s our employees who make us great. The talent team is a dynamic, collaborative and energetic group of professionals whose core mission is to identify top talent for Rare and provide premier support to current staff and leadership. We hire intellectually curious, and hardworking people who are passionate about our mission but never take themselves too seriously. Help Rare exceed talent needs through a blend of operational prowess, strategic thinking, and holistic engagement of the staff and key stakeholders.
Organization, flexibility, efficiency and analytical skills are required to be successful in this role. The Coordinator is expected to be highly organized and self-starting, to have an optimistic spirit, and an appetite for working in a cross-functional, entrepreneurial, high-performing environment.
If you want to help make the world a better place, and if you are a motivated and outside the box thinker, apply to this position today!
In this role you will:
Support VP Talent and Team Coordination
- Manage schedule, structure, agenda and follow-up of recurring team meeting
- Support various projects and intitiatives, as assigned by the VP, within the team
- Contribute to activities within the Talent team that include team meetings and trainings
- Manage calendars
- Coordinate internal meetings
- Coordinate travel arrangements & prepare expense reports
Support HR and Talent Acquisition Team
- Schedule phone and onsite interviews, organize travel arrangements for candidates, reserve conference rooms, and ensure prompt communication with the candidates
- Maintain and help build out candidate profiles in our Applicant Tracking Systems
- Work with team to ensure a top notch candidate experience from first outreach through offer
- Assist with the movement and flow of candidates during their on-site interviews
- Maintain all employee files
- Assist with the performance management process
- Initiate, track and monitor the onboarding and exit processes
Support Benefits and Compensation Team
- Onboard new hires and maintain employee status updates including transfers and exits
- Ensure timely responses to employee inquiries and maintenance of the Talent inbox
- Maintain accurate employee records to include benefit plan participation and compliance related documentation
- Maintain updated benefits plan documents by country
- Prepare letters for compensation related actions
- Coordinate Talent events such as wellness, EVANs, and training
- Process and track Talent related expenses
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree with 1 year experience
Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Business acumen as applied to global, fast growth, fast-paced, innovative organizations;
- Strong project management and people management skills, including the ability to manage up, down and across;
- Ability to thrive in cross-functional team environments to build relationships across geographical distances, cultural communities, and up and down the organizational structure;
- A commitment to Rare’s mission and values;
- A desire to work on important conservation and environment issues such as climate change, overfishing, sustainable agriculture, etc is required; Knowledge and experience in working on some of these issues is a big plus but is not a requirement for the position;
- Written and spoken fluency in English required; proficiency in other languages a plus, especially Spanish, Portuguese, Mandarin, Tagalog or Bahasa Indonesian.
Rare is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all to apply; EOE/M/F/D/V