The Manager, Policy and Partnerships will ensure that Rare Indonesia: a) has sound and strong relationship with national, provisional and local government in Indonesia; b) establishes solid partnership with institutions at sub national level to support implementation.
The Manager, Policy and Partnerships will exercise independent judgment regarding the following areas of significance:
Provide general supports to Policy Director in government adoption of TURF-Reserves and the associated enabling environment at a district, province and national level;
- Assist Policy Director in identification of opportunities and implement approaches to secure commitment from national ministries in support of sustainable small-scale fisheries;
- Implement Rare’s works on provision of regulatory framework that provides legal protection to the development and implementation of TURF+R;
- Execute the actions guided by Director of Policy on internalizing the TURF-R developing-activities into central and local government’s development planning instruments;
- Implement the strategy on galvanizing public funding to finance the TURF+R through central and local government budget allocation;
- Perform duties on creation of and support to the initial running of institutional set-up for TURF+R to flourish and scale;
- Support the engagement of partners in strategic events and other opportunities to demonstrate the TURF+R bright supports and success story for larger scale movement and wider outreach activities;
- Communicate Rare Indonesia policy’s strategy, work plan and achievement to other teams in Indonesia, other countries and headquarters
- Facilitate the growth of enthusiasm across Rare and its partners for concrete action toward the adoption of community-led, rights-based management in relevant fisheries/communities;
- Collect materials and references for and prepare Rare’s advice and policy support to the Government of Indonesia for the implementation of sustainable small-scale fisheries in Indonesia;
Local Government Partner Relationship
- Supporting in managing strategic partners for Fish Forever implementation. This include relationship with other NGOs, research institutions and others
- In collaboration with other department, assist development of strategy to select sites and the institutions to support the implementation at site level.
- Secure agreements with relevant implementing partners
Required Experience and Education
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience with success in policy supports, partnership management and engagement with Indonesian government on legal/policy issue
- Knowledge of key players in the national, regional and international conservation/community development community is essential.
- Strong project management skills and relationships management skills are required.
- Proven skills in networking among government officials and other partners
- Deep understanding on how bureaucracy machinery works and how to maneuver in such complex environment
- Flexibilities in working and collaborating with multi culturally diverse co-workers and partners
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s Degree preferred, preferably with an international focus in communications, environmental education, international development, environmental policy, or related field.
- Written and spoken fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia is required.