Rare Summer Internship 2019
Are you committed to accountability? Do you have the courage to take risks? Do you believe in investing in people? Do you have the mindset of “solutionology”? Do you have the spirit of celebration? You are in the right place!
Rare is seeking candidates for our 2019 Summer Internship Program. We have a variety of conservation focused teams seeking enthusiastic, organized and self-motivated undergraduate or graduate students to join us for the summer.
As a Rare intern, you will gain working knowledge and valuable insight into the nonprofit, conservation and development space.
Our Summer Internship Program takes place at Rare’s headquarters, located in Arlington, VA. This is an 8 week internship program that runs from June 10th through August 2nd . Rare pays an hourly salary to all interns.
Summer Internship Overview:
Opportunities are available on the following teams:
- Center for Behavior and the Environment
- Rare’s Center for Behavior & the Environment (BE.Center) was launched in 2017 to bring the best insights from behavioral science and design to tackle some of the world’s most challenging environmental issues. Through partnership with leading academic and research institutions, we are translating the science of human behavior into practical solutions for conservationists worldwide. The BE.Center’s strategy focuses on three primary activities to achieve this vision, which include building:
- Demand for applying behavioral insights to conservation
- Evidence that behavioral interventions are effective
- Ability of current and future conservation practitioners to apply behavioral insights to their work
- Information Technology
- Rare’s Information Technology Team is dedicated to providing efficient support to our many global offices. We are seeking someone who is tech savvy and interested in supporting our IT team with technical trouble shooting, device set-up for new-hires, as well getting a look into a technology infrastructure on an international scale.
- Finance and Accounting
- Rare’s Finance and Accounting team is seeking interns who are interested in furthering their professional knowledge in nonprofit finance and operations. Come support the Finance and Operations team with researching and submitting forms for state charity registration requirements, assist with the filing and organization of corporate legal documents for the U.S. headquarters and various country offices, and learn how an international organization operates and the legal requirements for global operations and fundraising.
- Join our Talent team for the summer and support our global programs and initiatives. Interns will have the opportunity to focus on professional development, career enhancement, talent management and new colleague on-boarding. The intern may be required to perform independent research on best practices and propose innovative strategies on these focus areas. Strategies and improvements will positively affect Rare staff in their professional and career development, as well as improving their ability to perform their roles. This is a great opportunity for anyone looking for human resources (HR), organizational development, talent management, and/or learning and development experience with a global non-profit conservation organization.
Experience and Education:
- Dynamic personality ready to contribute where needed
- Well organized, self-motivated, and able to manage deadlines independently
- Excellent understanding of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Eager and quick to learn new systems and software
- Editing, writing experience, and research experience strongly preferred
- Superb attention to detail and proven ability to execute highly specific tasks
- Interest in conservation/environmental issues through coursework, work experience, or extracurricular activities
- Native or near-native written and spoken English language skills required
Application and Selection Process:
Rare’s Talent team will contact candidates directly for interviews and finalize hiring decisions between the end of April and mid-May. Please keep in mind that not all candidates will be contacted for interviews. There are a variety of available internship positions and you will be considered for all openings. Due to the volume of applications, we do not confirm receipt of applications. You can confirm submission of your application by logging back into iCIMS via our Career Page.
*Please indicate in your attached cover letter which internship/team you are interested in working with. Please note, due to the volume of applications and limited availability of positions, you may be placed on a team which differs from the team you have expressed the most interest in.
Rare is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all to apply. EOE/M/F/D/V