Rare is currently seeking a Financial Analyst for its Blended Finance Initiative working from its headquarters in Arlington, VA.
Under the Blended Finance Initiative, Rare is developing a pathway to finance community-led conservation at scale by blending philanthropy, public funding, bilateral/multilateral finance and private capital. This position will be a key addition to a growing team. S/he will help provide the financial analysis, models and research to help design and scale blended finance solutions in countries that Rare operates in.
The ideal candidate is dynamic, resourceful, detail-oriented and high-energy, with the ability to produce high quality outputs and problem solve under high pressure environments. S/he is creative, analytical and well organized, and a strong communicator.
Key responsibilities include:
- Create financial models in support of blended finance products, that aim to mobilize private and public sector capital.
- Provide support on all the Blended Finance Initiative’s investment and advisory operations, including problem solving on complex issues of implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Produce reports, lessons learned, case studies, and examples.
- Research and analyze blended finance products and green bonds issuances, including environmental and social issues.
- Conduct ESG research and analysis on sovereign and supranational institutions, as well as on public and private financial institutions.
- Coordinate the research and development of key reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Contribute to the development of an internal ESG and green bonds methodology.
Experience & Education:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in finance, responsible investment and/or financial analysis, ideally in an investment banking role.
- Strong finance background and financial modeling skills, especially fixed income products.
- Advanced technology skills, including Excel and other modeling and statistical packages
- Good knowledge investment products and fixed income issues and trends.
- Understanding and interest in ESG and green finance issues.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate complex information in a user-friendly way, including outstanding skills in writing, editing and presenting.
- Creative and entrepreneurial streak with proven ability to find new solutions and influence the thinking of others.
- Ability to travel internationally at least 20% of the time.
- A genuine passion for delivering significant social and environmental impact.
- Prior experience in an international, multi-cultural work environment is essential, with willingness to work flexible hours on an as-needed basis to serve the needs of a global organization with diverse time zones.
- Understanding of natural capital and ecosystem services valuation preferred.
- Knowledge of Islamic finance a plus.
- BS/BA required; MBA or relevant Master’s degree preferred.
- Proficiency in other languages is a plus, especially Spanish, French, Mandarin Chinese or Bahasa Indonesia