Under the supervision of the Program Implementation Senior Manager, the Operations Coordinator will provide planning, logistic and administrative support to the program implementation team to ensure the success of Rare´s Fish Forever Program in Brazil.
The Operations Coordinator will exercise independent judgment regarding the following:
Logistics and Planning
- Lead logistics support in the organization of trainings, site visits, workshops and other program events, including the purchase of airplane tickets, hotel reservations, identifying and booking venues for events, etc.;
- Support the development of program-team budgets, as part of the overall annual planning process, and the preparation of draft budgets for specific program events, to be subsequently approved by the Operations Manager.
- Track advances expenses reports incurred by guests during Rare events, to be subsequently approved by the Operations Manager.
- Support campaign managers, local supervisors, Rare partners and other guests during events and activities;
- In coordination with the Operations team, manage the program implementation’s team travel and events calendar in Outlook.
- Draft official letters for government entities to support the program activities in areas where Rare operates;
- Support in the acquisition of products and services related to program activities, in accordance with the parameters set forth by the Operations Team;
- Prepare and update presentations, reports, forms and other documents related to program implementation activities;
- Follow up on trademark registration processes by Rare and carrying out activities in conjunction with the legal team hired, as well as following up on intellectual property registration processes related to program activities, under the guidance of the Operations Manager;
- Translation from English to Portuguese and vice versa of low-complexity program implementation documents, as necessary.
- Support the program implementation team, the Project Implementation Managers, identifying and budgeting with designers, vendors and media outlets for campaign materials and activities.
- Design and manage the program implementation team communication and knowledge management infrastructure in Egnyte that allows for sharing and easy access of tools and information such as: lessons plans, team logistics, cohort and campaign strategies, curricula, contracts, team travel calendars and partner-related information.
- Upon request by the Program Team Leader and using approved templates, draft all program-related contracts and contract amendments for further review of the Operations Manager. Ensure that all issued contracts and amendments are properly signed by all parties and filed.
- Working in alignment with the Operations Team and in accordance with our policies on financial and administrative management;
- Assisting the Program Team Leader in ad hoc program projects as necessary;
- Other administrative and program-related support activities, as required.
Experience & Education
- A Bachelor’s degree and 2+ year coordination experience in an office environment with exposure to programmatic, operative and communication functions strongly preferred;
- Professional, upbeat, energetic attitude, someone who takes initiative, is dependable and takes pride in their work;
- Well-organized self-starter with demonstrated success in project management and proven ability to execute multiple tasks in an efficient and consistent manner.
- Exceptional attention to detail, ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines, which may be dependent upon completion of tasks by others;
- Proven ability to develop solid working relationships which includes understanding of the dynamics necessary to work efficiently and effectively within the context of a global organization;
- Ability to work effectively under stressful conditions like heavy workloads and deadlines;
- Strong comfort with change and ambiguity;
- Expert level skills in a variety of computer software applications including word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point, MS Outlook);
- Extremely skilled in use of Internet and cloud services for research, dissemination, cataloging and archiving information;
- Ability/willingness to learn new programs and/or systems as required;
- Strong writing skills and prior experience in proofreading and editing;
- Assertive and comfortable when talking with Executives and individuals at all levels of an organization and the ability to provide persistent and tactful follow up;
- Experience and willingness to travel internationally, a plus;
- Language skills: Fluent in Portuguese essential and working fluency in English.
Rare is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all to apply; EOE/M/F/D/V