The Coordinator will provide administrative support to the Brazil executive team, including the Vice President and two directors. S/he will plan, organize and ensure sound execution of the Brazil executive team daily activities. S/he will manage all internal and external logistics to ensure the Brazil executive team seamless transitions and timely arrival at scheduled meetings and events as well as providing administrative support to prepare the essential materials for speeches, phone calls and presentations. S/he will work collaboratively across all departments within Rare - Brazil and other Rare offices.
The Coordinator will exercise independent judgment regarding the following areas of significance:
Support Expenses, Meetings and Research
- Coordinate / Schedule regular and ad hoc meetings, appointments, and conference calls for Brazil executive team (Vice President and Directors);
- Prepare and submit expense reports and time sheets for the Brazil executive team;
- Check expense report of consultants;
Review and proofread documents requiring signatures;
- Anticipate needs, including an awareness of various timelines and commitments to ensure that task lists, and schedules are maintained appropriately;
- Manage follow up communications with key contacts as instructed by the executive team, Brazil;
- Schedule regular 1:1s between executive team, Brazil and staff under the Vice President and the Directors;
- Attend and take notes in senior meetings; follow up on action items determined in meetings;
- Conduct research as requested by Brazil executives; summarize and present findings;
- Establish and maintain record-keeping systems for Brazil executive team as well as databases or systems as requested to track and organize program information (programs, projects, initiatives, staff).
- Coordinate all necessary arrangements and logistics (coordination of outside participants, meeting rooms, presentation equipment, agenda preparation, and provision of necessary materials);
- Book airline tickets and hotels for consultants and partners related to the executive area;
- Book flights, hotels and other necessary services for travel itineraries;
- Create travel itineraries and necessary accompanying documents, including: airline/airport information; rental car arrangements; hotel information; meeting times, participants, and locations; parking instructions; meal arrangements; directions/maps; background research and preparation; and any other information that may be required. This information will be presented in clear briefing packets.
Communication & Events
- Manage internal communications with key stakeholders across departments and liaise with departments to gather expertise as needed;
- Manage events as needed including Brazil Board and Advisory Council meetings;
- Support executive meetings (quarterly meetings and others), including preparation of presentations, tables, pipelines, etc;
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- A minimum of 1-2 years ‘experience in administrative support role, specially performing the tasks described for this role.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Portuguese.
- Command of MS Office package.
- Basic knowledge of IT-related issues.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage changing priorities and competing deadlines to ensure high quality standards.
- Ability to work in a complex, fast paced environment and relate to local and global colleagues.
- Bachelors degree essential.
- Native Portuguese and Fluent in English
Rare is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all to apply; EOE/M/F/D/V