Under the supervision of the Manager, Finance & Administration, the Finance & Administration Coordinator provides operational support to the Brazil program, increasing the Brazil Office´s operational capacity.
The Coordinator, Finance & Administration will be responsible for tasks in the following areas of significance:
- Through the accounting software, prepares weekly payments in consultation with all staff and submits payment schedules for approval and processing.
- Ensures that the financial information related to the Brazil program is accurately reflected in the accounting system, carrying out account reconciliations and adjustments as required.
- Manages office petty cash disbursements and prepares related expense reports.
- Processes staff advances, once approved by the relevant line manager,
- Prepares expense reports and documentation to support processing of monthly balance sheets by the local accounting firm.
- Maintains and manages all operational electronic filing supporting documentation.
- Reviews monthly bank reconciliations.
- Liaise with the local accounting firm regarding tax deductions of invoices to be paid.
- Processes payments and international wire transfers, supervises the work of accounting consultants in all accounting-related tasks, and reviews and approves monthly balance sheets.
Office Management/Administration and IT
- Under the supervision of the Manager, Finance & Administration hires and provides oversight for cleaning services.
- Provides reception and telephone services.
- Oversees application of safety protocols.
- Manages physical office set up, maintenance and administration.
- Purchases office materials and supplies in consultation with all staff.
- Manages the logistics related to operational events (such as organizational training, team retreats, team building exercises, etc.) including the selection of venue, purchase of tickets, negotiation with suppliers, booking of accommodation for participants (staff and guests), in accordance with Rare´s established policies.
- Prepares post-event reports providing information on the costs associated with the activity carried out.
- Locates and vets local IT partners and acts as a liaison between local vendors and the Arlington IT department, managing IT outsourcing services on a day to day basis;
- Helps coordinate shipping of equipment between the regional office and HQ;
- Brings regional technology needs to attention of the IT department;
- Ensures that program office holds adequate insurance and that staff and physical assets have a secure environment to operate;
- Leads local “greening” efforts that make Rare a socially responsible and environmentally conscious employer.
Talent/ Human Resources Management
- Uploads new positions in the recruitment software iCIMS.
- Advertises new positions in Brazil through the use of local agencies and/or networks.
- Schedules recruitment interviews.
- Processes documentation related to new staff hiring such as medical exam and contract of employment, coordinating with Arlington and the local payroll firm.
- Processes payroll payments and supervise local accounting firm activity regarding documentation and payment of all employment-related amounts. (Operations Manager);
- Oversees local recordkeeping and documentation related to recruitment, payroll, benefits, safety, training;
- Prepares documentation related to staff benefits including global life and medical insurance and local meal allowance, life and medical insurance and transport allowance.
- Liaise with the local legal advisor for talent-related matters when required.
- Coordinates with Arlington to ensure that all new members are issued a credit card, have the appropriate equipment and access to e-mail and other software.
- In coordination with Talent, the Manager, Finance and Administration and the hiring manager, leads the new staff on-boarding process.
- Carries out the review of the monthly payroll and prepares payroll schedules for submission to Arlington.
- Maintains appropriate controls to monitor annual leave, personal days, recovery days and sick leave of Brazil staff.
- Documents the process of termination of contracts of employment following Rare´s policies and in compliance with Brazilian legislation
- Works in close collaboration with the Operations Managers and Program Coordinator on the execution of all duties;
- Replaces the Program Coordinator in operational, logistical and administrative tasks when required;
- Provides general support to the Program Director and Operations Managers in the discharge of their duties;
- Other administrative, operational or programmatic tasks as needed.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- A minimum of 1-2 years ‘experience in administrative support role, specially performing the tasks described for this role.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Portuguese.
- Command of MS Office package.
- Basic knowledge of IT-related issues.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage changing priorities and competing deadlines to ensure high quality standards.
- Ability to work in a complex, fast paced environment and relate to local and global colleagues.
- Bachelors degree essential.
- Native Portuguese and Fluent in English
Rare is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all to apply; EOE/M/F/D/V