The Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer will plan, organize and ensure sound execution of all of the CEO’s daily activities. S/he will manage all internal and external logistics to ensure the CEO’s seamless transitions and timely arrival at scheduled meetings and events as well as providing administrative support to prepare the essential materials for speeches, phone calls and presentations.
S/he will effectively coordinate with the Chief of Staff and CEO on all activities within the Executive Office and work collaboratively across all departments within Rare, with the Rare Management Team, Leadership Team and Board of Directors, and with external constituents such as government officials, partners, and donors.
- Supervise a complex and detailed calendar for all activities, events, meetings, travel, conferences and Board of Trustees activities.
- Manage staff and external meetings for CEO, including scheduling, preparing CEO for meeting, capturing notes and ensuring prompt follow-up.
- Draft and supervise the preparation of general correspondence, memos, presentations and reports, etc. ensuring accuracy and clarity of all materials released by the CEO and Executive Office.
- Work collaboratively with the Communications Department on the drafting, editing and distributing of communication materials (Board packets, briefs, internal communications, etc.) for circulation by the CEO.
- Act as liaison with Rare executives, Board Members, Major Donors/Prospects and outside organizations; handle confidential and non-routine information.
- Plan Board meetings, including meeting logistics, meeting minutes and follow up.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with those organizations and individuals with which the CEO conducts business which includes staff at all levels of the organization and with key partner and donor organizations worldwide.
- Other tasks/projects as assigned.
Education and Experience
This position requires exceptional organizational and project management skills and an extremely high level of interpersonal and problem-solving ability; the experience to effectively handle sensitive and confidential situations; and demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy to function efficiently and effectively in an international environment.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- High level of interpersonal and problem-solving skills for handling sensitive and confidential situations often in an international environment
- Proven ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors
- Demonstrated proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment, often dependent upon completion of tasks by others.
- Professional, upbeat, optimistic, energetic attitude.
- Expert level skills in a variety of computer software applications including word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point, MS Outlook)
- Ability to secure additional materials to support or resolve any issues/concerns.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to travel periodically/
- Bachelor’s degree required.