The Meloy Fund is currently seeking one (1) Principal for the Meloy Fund in Manila, the Philippines.
The Meloy Fund is an impact investment fund that provides private debt and equity capital into scalable enterprises that can play a key role in incentivizing sustainably managed coastal fisheries in Indonesia and the Philippines. Each investment contributes to the triple bottom line results of financial returns to investors, improved livelihoods for local fishing communities, and increased health of the world’s most important marine ecosystems. The Meloy Fund is the first impact investment fund focused entirely on improving coastal ecosystems.
The Principal will lead Meloy Fund investment development, management and operations in country, reporting directly to the Fund Partner. The ideal candidate will be dynamic, entrepreneurial, detail-oriented and high-energy, with the ability to work equally well with senior investment professionals and local leaders of coastal communities. S/he will be creative, analytical and well-organized, and a strong communicator with impeccable writing skills. Demonstrated success in sourcing and managing investments and deal flow is required.
- Identify, cultivate and execute a pipeline of fresh investment opportunities for the Meloy Fund to optimize triple-bottom-line results.;
- Build an extensive network of relationships including those in the private, NGO, academic, and investment segments;
- Supervise a team of impact investment professionals based in country;
- Conduct investment processes including investment evaluations and analyses; thorough due diligence; and structure and execute investments;
- Prepare, present, and maintain detailed and compelling investment documentation for the Meloy Fund’s Investment Committee;
- Implement a post-investment management strategy to add significant value to investee companies, including social and environmental impact;
- Develop close contact with Meloy Fund investees, including representing the fund on portfolio company boards as applicable;
- Evaluate and report on key metrics to measure the environmental, social and financial returns on investments.
Experience and Education:
- Minimum 8-10 years of finance experience with a significant portion (5-6 years) in private market investing, corporate finance, advisory, and investment banking in emerging markets, especially engaging SMEs;
- Strong finance background and financial modeling skills;
- Passion for generating social and environmental impact, and a long-term interest in a career in impact investing;
- Demonstrated leadership skills; preferably in fast moving and complex environments;
- Strong interpersonal skills with good stakeholder engagement, and communications skills; ability to operate, and communicate effectively in cross-cultural environment;
- Creative and entrepreneurial streak with proven ability to find new solutions and influence the thinking of others;
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally;
- Knowledge of current environmental and sustainability issues, SME development, supply chains, micro-finance and investment products, as well as experience in the developing world;
- Prior experience in an international, cross-cultural work environment is essential with willingness to work flexible hours on an as-needed basis to serve the needs of a global organization with diverse time zones;
- BS/BA required; MBA or relevant master’s degree preferred;
- Experience in agribusiness is a plus;
- Native speaker in Tagalog/Visayan required.