Rare is a $25 million-dollar fast-growing, international conservation organization. We believe conservation comes down to people—their behaviors toward nature, their beliefs about its value, and their ability to protect it without sacrificing basic life needs. Rare’s culture is results-oriented and entrepreneurial.
We are working toward ambitious goals and creating measurable social change. With initiatives such as Fish Forever, Watersheds Protection, Sustainable Agriculture, Blended Finance, the Meloy Fund, and the Center for Behavior & the Environment, Rare is on a mission to “inspire change so people and nature thrive”.
Rare Mozambique is seeking an experienced and talented individual to manage implementation of the Fish Forever program across multiple sites in the Nampula and Cabo Delgado Provinces. The Program Implementation Manager is responsible for developing and managing strategic relationships, guiding and coordinating a network of implementation partners to achieve programmatic outcomes, and ensuring the successful implementation of multiple interdependent projects.
Todos os pedidos devem ser enviados em inglês.
The Program Implementation Manager will exercise independent judgment regarding the following four areas in consultation with the Vice President of Rare Mozambique:
Support the Development of a Program Implementation Strategy:
- Collaborate with Country and Global Teams to ensure program implementation strategy at all levels aligns with global FF strategy, project/grant requirements and deliverables.
- Transform the program implementation strategy into regional and local-level work plans with realistic progress indicators that align with the Fish Forever program global M&E plans.
- Monitor implementation-level finances which may include controlling and monitoring project scope, time, cost, quality, and risk.
- Advise the design of a sub-national/regional implementation strategy and its components (i.e. unified branding, materials, and activities).
Build Local Implementation Capacity:
- Design, implement, monitor and evaluate learning activities (i.e. lesson plans, workshops, programs) based on adult learning theory and best practices, country context, program implementation strategy, and capacities needs assessments.
- Adapt learning resources to country context and target audiences’ needs.
- Monitor and evaluate attainment of critical capacities for program effectiveness and scale.
- Foster learning and collaboration across and amongst implementation peers and partners.
- Contribute to creating/updating learning resources via global working groups.
- Perform language and cultural translation revisions.
Manage Regional and Local-Level Program Implementation:
- Support and mentor implementation partners in the development and management of work plans.
- Guide development of, provide feedback on, and approve key implementation deliverables.
- Guide and coordinate a network of implementation partners to achieve programmatic outcomes.
- Manage Rare’s relationship with the Provincial Government of Nampula.
- Develop and manage relationships with implementation partners.
- Conduct support visits to assigned project sites as needed.
- Represent Rare in national, regional and local-level events and networks as required.
- Support planning and facilitation of programmatic and fundraising visits to assigned sites.
Country and Global Reporting and Collaborations:
- Timely monthly reporting of expenses and working hours.
- Semi-monthly programmatic progress reporting (in collaboration with Fish Forever Program Global Team) for Rare and relevant donors.
- Manage in-country consultants and contractors, as required.
- Actively contribute to global working groups, as needed.
- Respond to questions and provide advice related to assigned work areas.
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required; Master’s degree highly preferred.
- Written and spoken fluency in Portuguese and English required.
- A minimum of three years of program management experience working in marine/biodiversity conservation, fisheries, communications, community development, or behavior change sectors.
- Previous experience in successfully applying social marketing and/or behavior change interventions.
- Demonstrated success in managing complex projects from concept to completion.
- Proven ability to teach, train, and coach adult learners.
- The ability to thrive in team environments with a strong understanding of diversity and sensitivity to other cultures.
- Experience building and managing relationships over long distances.
- Experienced in using MS Office suite, databases, graphics and learning multimedia software.
Rare is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all to apply; EOE/M/F/D/V