Rare is a $25 million fast-growing, international conservation organization. We believe conservation comes down to people—their behaviors toward nature, their beliefs about its value, and their ability to protect it without sacrificing basic life needs. Rare’s culture is results-oriented and entrepreneurial.
We are working toward ambitious goals and creating measurable social change. With initiatives such as Fish Forever, Watersheds Protection, Sustainable Agriculture, Blended Finance, Meloy Fund, and Center for Behavior & the Environment, Rare is on a mission to “inspire change so people and nature thrive”.
Here at Rare, it’s our employees who make us great. The talent team is a dynamic, collaborative and energetic group of professionals whose core mission is to identify great talent for Rare and provide top notch candidate and hiring manager experiences. We hire sharp, intellectually curious, and hardworking people who are passionate about our mission but never take themselves too seriously. Help Rare exceed talent needs through a blend of operational prowess, strategic sourcing, and holistic engagement of the candidate and key stakeholders.
The role of the Senior Recruiter has the following main areas of responsibility:
- Attracting, Screening Candidates
- Talent Operations; Systems, tracking, etc.
- Employer Branding and External Communications; Careers site, social media, candidate engagement, offer packaging
The successful candidate will perform full life cycle recruiting, work closely with hiring managers assessing their recruiting and business needs to successfully place talent at Rare. The Senior Recruiter must have a proven track record using social media and other creative recruiting tools to identify candidates within the United States as well as the Philippines, Indonesia, Brazil, Mozambique, China, Colombia, and Europe. He/she will also create and drive recruiting initiatives and programs meetings throughout the organization.
- Administer and execute recruitment processes throughout the company to hire for current openings and proactively develop pipeline for future talent
- Understand business needs to identify, develop, and execute recruiting strategy to hire and retain top talent
- Plan organize and manage Rare's internship and fellows program
- Develop university hiring, intern strategy, and associated programming
- Partner with the Senior Director to ensure the inspiring mission, vision and culture of Rare are showcased on the careers page and on all externally facing mediums
- Help Rare rethink our employer brand and value proposition, leveraging our global opportunities and the presenting our work in a way that compels the right talent to self-select for our roles; develop and manage creative and effective social media and marketing campaigns
- Act as an advisor on all aspects of Rare, whether it is to help candidates or hiring managers alike to better understand our value proposition and benefits, or to help prepare a candidate ensuring he/she will have an opportunity to put his/her best foot forward in an interview.
- Demonstrate a high level of confidentiality and diplomacy.
Experience and Education:
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience required 5-10 years’ experience in recruiting and talent acquisition
- Adept in both traditional and creative recruiting approaches with a proven track record in utilizing social media to network and identify talent
- Strong planning and organizational skills required; Strong sense of urgency and ability to create a sense of urgency in others required
- Business oriented and have an understanding how business strategies link to recruiting initiatives
- Must be able to think strategically and execute tactically; a proven ability of leading by example is critical
- A genuine passion for creative and innovative recruiting methods
- Corporate recruiting experience desired, but not necessary
- Experience recruiting for and working with all levels of management
- Creative problem solver and team player
Rare is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all to apply. EOE/M/F/D/V