Rare is a $25 million fast-growing, international conservation organization. We believe conservation comes down to people—their behaviors toward nature, their beliefs about its value, and their ability to protect it without sacrificing basic life needs. Rare’s culture is results-oriented and entrepreneurial.
We are working toward ambitious goals and creating measurable social change. With initiatives such as Fish Forever, Watersheds Protection, Sustainable Agriculture, Blended Finance, Meloy Fund, and Center for Behavior & the Environment, Rare is on a mission to “inspire change so people and nature thrive”.
Reporting to the Director for Strategy, Partnerships and Development (SPD) the Manager, Partnerships and Special Projects will develop and pursue strategic initiatives with various non- government stakeholders to help achieve the country strategy. He/ she will also help capacitate various teams in maintaining and moving relationships with local stakeholders, including key regional and provincial government agencies, by development of systems and processes. S/he will be supported by the Associate, Partnerships and Development in developing and executing the partnerships strategy.
This is a full-time position with an initial contract of 2-year with possible extension. This position is based in Manila, Philippines and will require approximately 30% travel.
The Manager, Partnerships and Special Projects will exercise independent judgment regarding the following areas of significance:
- Development of a full partnership plan and strategy that will include the scoping of potential partners to advance widespread adoption and/ or development objectives of the organization and developing the strategy and tactics in engaging a wide – range of organizations and institutions from various sectors of the society.
- Design, secure and execute at least 3- 5 national partnerships that will support the country strategy. This can include the expansion of co-deliver partners/ scalers, private sector engagement for markets-related work, advance programmatic impact through use of technology, etc.
- Help design and secure at least 3- 5 regional partnerships in the identified areas of the country strategy to scale the work and deepen impact in key geographies.
- Together with other members of the organization, will co-lead the execution of various elements of the partnerships strategy including; the prioritization, exercise and organization of pursuing partnerships, implementing partnerships reviews and incorporating lessons to the strategy.
- Working with the Policy and Government Engagement Unit of the SPD to make sure that partnership strategy complements with the coalition/ government engagement work of the organization and the Development and Communications Unit to help advance resource mobilization and profile building goals.
- Execute the partnerships plan and strategy while identifying lessons, challenges, and highlights that can be shared and incorporated in local, regional engagements and other Rare country offices.
- Project manage identified special projects to help the goals of the country strategy.
- Accountable in the engagement of new partners, general public interest, and inquiries received by the organization from various mediums.
- Support Rare’s VP – Philippines and the Director of Strategy, Partnerships and Development in managing external partners for all non- government stakeholders, including the private sector, academe, networks, nonprofit organizations, alliances, etc.
- Track and manage emerging issues with engaged partners including; conflict and reputation management.
Partnership Tools and Integration
- Support the Program Implementation Team in the identification, scoping and development of partnerships by developing partnership manuals, toolkits, SOPs, etc.
- Maintain Salesforce records and consolidate all the information related to all engaged partners (government and non- government actors).
- Lead the integration of the regional, provincial government engagements with national government strategy by working closely with both the Program Implementation Team and Policy and Government Engagement Unit of the SPD.
- Monitor, track and report various advancements in partnerships formed in-country and in the region for the sector.
- Coordinate and ensure that internal stakeholders understand the desired outcome, their role, and relevant work stream in accomplishing the goals of the partnerships team.
Development, Communications and Events
- Provide support in the resource mobilization and communication targets of the organization through the engagement of partners.
- Identify and develop opportunities to progress Rare’s relationships with all stakeholders.
- Provide support to the Development and Communications Unit in its activities and in the execution of events that involve various stakeholders.
Experience & Education
- A Bachelor’s degree with at least 7- 10 years of partnership development and engagement experience, which may include experience in corporate social responsibility, engagements with bilateral, multilateral, international organizations, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and securing partnerships with wide range of actors and stakeholders.
- Knowledge of global, regional, and local issues on climate change, marine and fisheries, and biodiversity.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively communicate across all levels within a culturally diverse organization.
- A MA in Public Policy, Environmental Science, Public or Business Administration and other relevant fields will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Salesforce.
- Excellent planning, organization, project management and people management skills.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills including; negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and communicate complex program content.
- Strong management skills; the maturity, integrity and experience to influence and engage senior leaders, partners and peers.
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive. A team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical initiatives.
- A commitment to Rare’s mission and values, i.e. a passion for environmental conservation and social wellbeing in the developing world.
- Ability to thrive in cross-functional team environments to build relationships across geographical distances, cultural communities.
- Willingness to participate in national/international travel as needed.
- Written and spoken fluency in English and Tagalog required.
Rare is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all to apply. EOE/M/F/D/V