Rare is looking for an exceptional individual to join our Global Development Team based in Europe. This is an excellent position for a highly skilled professional looking for a development opportunity. The Associate will work primarily in support of Rare’s Global Development Strategy to deepen and diversify relationships and partnerships with governments, funding institutions and other key stakeholders in Europe. We are looking for someone with strong coordination, project management and communication skills and a sound knowledge of donor and partnership management. The individual will also support the Global Development Team with a range of tasks relating to our Global Engagement Plan and proposal development.
The Associate will be well-versed in European and global public policy, funding and partnerships with a focus on institutions, agencies and initiatives of relevance to Rare’s mission. S/he has experience in partnership and relationship management that will help build government demand and financing for community based solutions. S/he will have experience in developing systems for partnership engagement, including formal MoUs, and for the designing and convening successful meetings. Experience in behavior change and social marketing will be beneficial. The individual will report to the Senior Director, Global Development Europe and work closely with the Director for Policy. Strong team work with the relevant managers and in-country counterparts within Rare’s Global Development Network will be essential.
S/he will be comfortable working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization, and enjoy managing projects independently and in a team as well as use strong project management and public fundraising skills to accomplish the following key objectives:
- Assist the team in the development and management of specified public (and for Europe private) donor relationships and partnerships that will secure institutional support for Rare’s global programs and community-led solutions in Rare geographies;
- Support and lead on developing and implementing events, publications/communication products and visits by Rare’s leadership and country staff in Europe;
- Support and lead on the engagement of key partners and funders around behavior change and social marketing in Europe
Consistent with the scope above, the position is responsible for delivering the following within four key result areas:
Public Funding Initiatives and Relationships
- Support the Global Development Managers to identify key public funding opportunities, including the development and management of donor profiles and donor strategies for key partners and agencies with the focus on Europe;
- Assist the team in the development and maintaining of relationship management strategies with governments as well as bilateral and multilateral agencies and key partners (email lists, engagement and communication strategies, donor stewardship tools etc.);
- Support the team in compiling and updating accurate pipeline levels and future public funding opportunities with bilateral and multilateral donors capable of delivering support to Rare’s programs, including prospect and background research;
- Support the team as a focal point for tracking and managing relevant public funding data (Salesforce, Global Development Tracker, quarterly fundraising meetings, weekly updates etc.)
Provide logistical, organizational, and strategic support to leadership of the Global Development teams. Specific activities include, but are not limited to:
- Support VP, Global Development and Sr. Director Global Development in the management of team priorities and progress to achieve targets including task management and administrative support, incl. support submission of timely and accurate expenses reports, check requests, and timesheet accounts, and key follow up from internal and external meetings;
- Coordinate travel (domestic and international), including travel and hotel bookings and trip briefings
- Develop databases, spreadsheets or other tools to ensure that the team is effectively managed and information flow ensured between a globally dispersed team, including innovative ways of communication and meeting formats;
- Assist in executing meetings for team members with external stakeholders, including scheduling, space and A/V needs, catering, material preparation, note-taking, and follow-up items
- Oversee creation of and help prepare support materials for meetings, conferences, trips, presentations, and other events (facebook, bios, talking points, meeting memo, logistic notes).
External communication and partnership management
- Assist the team in writing and assemble compelling communication materials to donors and partners support building profile for Rare in Europe as well as with new public funding institutions,
- Support the team with research information and statistics needed to support proposals and reports as well as monitor developments within the development sector using published reports and articles;
- Support the implementation of communication and event strategies – including the Global Engagement Plan - to engage new audiences and existing partners, including managing events and Rare’s leadership and program staff travel to Europe and international meetings with the purpose of engaging with key governments, agencies, institutions and partners in Europe and globally;
- Support the development and management of a European network for Behavior Insights for Environment and Development, including communication tools and events;
- Represent and backstop others representing Rare in relevant stakeholder meetings, discussions and events, including lead/support preparations for Rare’s engagement in relevant European conferences and events.
Aside from the tasks listed above, the individual will also be expected to stay apprised of Rare’s Global Development and public funding portfolio and may be called to provide additional ad hoc support for the global team as needed.
Experience & Education
Administrative and programmatic support experience in an office environment is essential. Experience with funder tracking systems (Salesforce) and CRM database systems, including data entry, managing and scheduling multiple calendars and interdepartmental meetings (Outlook) including space and A/V needs, catering, material preparation, note-taking, and follow-up items. This position requires a self-motivated individual with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with remote team members. The successful candidate will also have a background in the following areas:
- Experience preparing support materials for meetings, conferences, trips, presentations, and other events and (Facebook, bios, talking points, meeting memo, logistic notes).
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple simultaneous deadlines while maintaining attention to detail.
- A penchant for problem-solving and collaborating with different teams throughout the organization in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to network and develop partnerships across a range of stakeholders and manage complex multi-stakeholder plans, including relationship management and communications with senior leadership.
- Ability to work effectively in a culturally diverse environment that requires collaboration and networking with others in remote locations.
- Maturity, humility, strong work ethic, sense of humor, and “roll-up-my-sleeves” attitude.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required; Master’s degree a plus.
Rare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V