The Manager, Salesforce is responsible for supporting Rare’s data management systems, primarily Salesforce (CRM) as a donor database management tool. This person will provide technical and administrative support, vendor management, and training as it relates to Rare’s Salesforce instance. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Manager, Salesforce will join a growing team of IT professionals focused on providing high quality customer support and information analysis to help departments achieve the ambitious programmatic and fundraising goals of Rare.
The successful candidate will be someone who continually seeks opportunities to increase internal client satisfaction and deepen client relationships. S/he exercises independent judgment and responds to customer requests in a timely, engaging and professional manner. Overall duties include but are not limited to:
- Convene and lead key programmatic and partner-facing IT resources, including the internal CRM working group to identify needs across the organization, ensure alignment on priorities and provide updates on key change requests.
- Ensure data-integrity through data validation rules, workflow, and regular de-duping and clean-up procedures.
- Manage reports, dashboards, and processes to continuously monitor data quality and integrity.
- Manage ongoing support requests and administrative needs of Rare employee users, including day-to-day trouble-shooting with users to resolve problems and maintain security sharing settings and profiles.
- Ongoing analysis and development of Salesforce as an enterprise program and donor management tool.
- Develop training plans, materials, and system documentation for existing and new users.
Experience & Education
This position requires someone with a focus on process improvement, exceptional interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, collaborative approach to problem solving and excellent customer service.
- A minimum of 3+ years of relational database and data management experience within a Salesforce work environment.
- Capability of managing multiple projects simultaneously which includes excellent planning, time management, communication, decision making, organization, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated success in system analysis, troubleshooting, and problem solving.
- The ability to communicate complex, technical information to a variety of non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with a cross-cultural staff at all levels in a fast-paced environment.
- A background working in an international organization highly preferred.
- Strong experience in declarative customization and configuration of Salesforce
- Experience with Dataloader, DemandTools, Conga, Salesforce Lightning for Outlook, Declarative Roll Up Summaries App, and NPSP.
- Experience with APEX & Visualforce preferred.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related degree preferred, Salesforce Administrator Certification (201) desirable.
- Exceptional English verbal and written communication skills a must; and the ability to communicate in a second language is a plus.
Rare is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all to apply; EOE/M/F/D/V